Thursday, March 7, 2013

VES Family...Priceless!


As my FINAL Friday Mush…I’m gonna write about my FAMILY….my VES FAMILY, that is!  As Ron Clark taught me…you have to recognize that your STAFF is the HEART of the school…so hire the BEST and NEVER settle!   So that is what I have done this past 7 years…created a machine…a machine that is so “in-tuned”…it can run without HP at the wheel…it’s not the driver…but the passengers that are getting it done!  Sure it takes a mixture of things…the dedication to making a difference in the lives of children, a caring heart, and a “never give up” attitude that all kids have the ability to learn…and that’s what I hired! So a mixture of emotions is running through me as I write this.  I am soooo sad to leave the family that I have cried with, stressed with, ate with, drank with, and most undeniably laughed…aka snorted with on a daily…make that hourly basis…but I am SO HAPPY to know that I am leaving my wildcats in GREAT hands.  We all know that we can’t put a “price” on a moment….so as the VES success machine I need you to continue creating those MOMENTS that will have a LASTING impact on those little Wildcat lives!  Tomorrow I will be doing a few of those things …den point celebration, high fives to the Good Morning song, and dancing out the door with them at 2:30…priceless memory making moments! These are the instances that touch us (yes, both the kids, and us) deeply and will stay with us forever!  These moments help us become who we are, understand what we believe in, and shape how they will see the world. Not only do you need to KEEP on creating those “moments” you have to continue to “define your expectations and then raise the bar...the more you expect the better the results will be!” (Ron Clark)  As a Ron Clark guru…aka stalker…I too believe that you GET what you EXPECT from people…kids and adults!  The higher you place your expectations…the better the results will be…hence that SWEET Blue Ribbon designation you all earned!  Do not ever lower your standards and if you ever feel that the kids just can’t “do it”…then it’s time for you to get out and find a new profession.  They WILL perform where you EXPECT them too…wanna know why I know that??? Because I have continually set YOUR bar through the roof…sometimes “unattainable” goals it seemed to the common eye…but with persistent perseverance and a positive attitude (at least in front of me) you hit the mark each and EVERY time!  I believed in YOU …and you HAVE to believe in THEM…yes even when they are difficult and resistant…keep pushing them!  I’m not going to say goodbye…I’m going say…”See ya on Friday!” Since I fully expect to see each and every one of you EVERY Friday when you visit Polly Ryon in the fall! My new extension is #4702 if you get bored in the mean time! J  Please meet in the kiva for about 15 min at 3:00..I want to STEER you all into spring break the right way!  BTW…Dougie is now blogging all his “mush and flush” stuff and has convinced me to do the same…I am not going to be writing daily like I have these past 2 ¾ years…gonna take a little breather…but I will be writing about my new adventures in opening my next campus…and some inspirational stuff along the way…I have no doubt it should be some funny stuff if I’m involved…so enjoy the “comic relief” on the PRMS Positive Petunia “RIDE”!  This is PP signing out…until next time! J         

Here’s mine:

Here’s Dougie’s if you start having withdrawals…he posts on Mondays and Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment