Sunday, April 7, 2013

Don't Compare Your Chapter ONE...to Someone Else's Chapter 20!


 
So I ran across this quote and it basically SCREAMED at me!  This is soooo my life right now...Chapter 1 "moments" that I am trying to compare to 7 "years" of chapters...no comparison!  So I'm changing my outlook!  First of all the long Easter break did this tired "Positive Petunia" body good! On Friday we spent some much needed sanity time grilling out with our "BL Gang" friends! We chilled, cracked confetti eggs, tye-dyed Easter eggs with whip cream (thanks Pinterest) , and even ate peep s'mores! Great...no brainer time and then church on Sunday!  
 






 
My sassy Soph is turning five this Wednesday...so she decided she wanted a "painting party"!  What better way to break in the neon paint than by painting her up for her invites! Check out this "cray-cray"  girl (as she calls it)!  Such a ham...not sure where she gets it! :)
 


 Then came Monday and a whole new HP attitude about my new "gig"! 
 
 
First and foremost....I had to get us started on the right foot.  Since the name of my school is Polly Ryon MS...I was given the nickname "Ryon-Stone Cowgirl"...so fitting...between my love of bling, being part of the "ranch" maroon track, and well...it just fits...I have adopted it!  (Thanks Mike) 
 
When I was making this transition all I kept hearing was..."Oooo you're going to the dark side" and "secondary is so different, you're gonna have a hard time with them". Well I'm here to tell you, that sure...anytime you make a HUGE life change it's hard...but change is good for BOTH me and them! So my heart...will always  say "give it a try"...it's just IN me!  First things first...I started the "Ryon-Stone Committee"...basically a "sunshine committee for the secondary peeps" that takes care of them (birthday's, bosses day, holidays, etc...).  I sent an email proposal and a request for start up funds and I am proud to say that 100% wanted to participate...which just proved to me that..generally people are good and want to do nice things for others...it's just hard to find the time in our crazy busy schedules!  It was a huge energy boost for me...and so my positive petunia push began!!!  Check out my new boss, Dr. Bevers, I even persuaded him to wear the GLITTERY b-day hat for his b-day pic!  Such a good sport...and one step closer to the "PP Glitter" side!
 
 
 
 
Soooo...I'm choosing to "FEED" the positive wolf!  I began my energy bus give-away!  Every time I witness someone in the admin building "feeding the positive wolf" meaning showing kindness, helpfulness, or just offering a smile towards others...I'm gonna write them a handwritten bus for their office!  My goal is that before I move out (in June), I will have passed out at least one bus to every person!  Ambitious I know! :)  So far everyone in community relations has earned theirs...they are always a burst of energy and good for the soul...stop by if you never have...you won't be sorry!!  
 
 
My next shot of energy came from my fab friend and replacement as Principal at VES, Kera!  She called me and invited me to join in on the Rah Rah line for the STAAR takers!  Just being back in that loving, warm environment (yes even on a testing day) was what I needed!  Lots of hugs, high fives, and smiles!  It makes me so proud to be able to walk back in that building knowing that they are in great hands and still pushing for excellence! Thanks for the invite...seeing all of you...was just what I needed to refill my energy tank!  Best staff ever!!! :) I know the SCORES will def be with you!
 
 
In the end, I wrapped up my week with lots of "BRAIN" drain!  Master schedules, purchase orders, budgets, and CIP's....OH MY!!!  Overwhelming to say the least.  What I do know is..I am so blessed to work in a district that I am able to have such an amazingly supportive group of PEEPS around me that seem to know just WHAT to say and show up (or call) when I am needing a shoulder to lean on or a listening ear!  
Thanks to all of you...it is soooo appreciated!   
   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment